Full Stack LAMP Development, DevOps Engineering, Linux Systems Administration and/or MySQL Database Administration.
01.2018-Present: Blueprint LSAT Test Preparation, Los Angeles, CA
Solutions Engineer - Software Development and Systems Administration
- Back-end Development: Maintained the Blueprint REST API for Web/Mobile Applications using PHP (CodeIgniter/Laravel).
- Front-end Development: Maintained internal web/mobile applications using CSS/SASS and AngularJS.
- API Integration: Integrated 3rd-Party API Clients to interact with Web Services from InfusionSoft CRM, GotoWebinar, AWS and Intercom.
- CI/CD: Helped implement a collaborative CI/CD workflow using Gitlab, Laravel Homestead, Vagrant, VirtualBox and custom build and deployment scripts.
- DevOps: Migrated legacy AWS EC2 instances to a scalable infrastructure using EBS, KMS, ElastiCache, EC2, ELB, Redis, S3 and RDS Aurora/MySQL.
- IaC Automation: Developed Infrastructure as Code (IaC) orchestration and configuration management tools using AWS CloudFormation.
- MySQL Database Architecture, Replication, Automated Backups, Disaster Recovery, Performance Tuning and other essential Administration tasks.
02.2014-01.2018: DirecTV/AT&T Entertainment Group, El Segundo, CA
Senior Software Engineer - STB Software Integration - Automation Tools Development
- Developed custom command-line automation tools with web-based command/control and data analysis interfaces.
- Developed custom REST/JSON API Client/Server Applications using Object Oriented PHP.
- Integrated 3rd-Party Web Application APIs, including JIRA, Confluence, Github and other commerical products with our custom (in-house) Web Applications.
- Development and Systems Administration support for multiple PHP Web Applications, MySQL Databases, and other Linux-based Application Servers.
- Configured MySQL Database Replication and Real-time Automated Backup using Percona XtraBackup, Percona Toolkit, and bash/crontab.
- Created Web Application and Mobile Interfaces using Bootstrap, PureCSS, Angular, jQuery, PHP, and HTML5.
- Worked with QA engineers to develop tools for autonomously stress testing embedded software for the DirecTV set-top-box (STB) product line.
- Maintained various source code repositories in Mercurial, CVS, and Git.
- Used ansible and chef for Linux Systems Configuration and Deployment Automation.
- Interviewed, trained and mentored contractors and 3rd-party vendors to help maintain the various tools-related projects.
03.2009-02.2014: DirecTV, El Segundo, CA
W2/Contract via Strategic Staffing Solutions (S3)
Software QA Automation Engineer - STB Software Integration - Stress Test Automation
- Performed automated stress testing. analysis. and bug reporting on the Hx2x and Genie set-top-box (STB) platforms.
- Used gdb to debug stacks within multi-threaded C++ and Java applications in an embedded linux environment.
- Configured automated network-based IR Simulation and Satellite/DTS feed toggling using devices from Cytec and RedRat.
- Performed embedded Linux kernel, OS and middleware software build integration via CFE/TFTP and bootstrap loader (BSL).
- Developed scripts and modules for the Automated Stress Test and Analysis application (AutoStress).
- Developed web interfaces for the AutoStress application using PHP and MySQL.
- Developed a PHP Object Framework to replace legacy command-line scripts and web interfaces, while consolidating the code into a single-language library.
- Developed scripts to autonomously interact with the Hx/HRx STB, Cytec, and Redrat Devices during stress tests.
- Used JIRA for Issue Tracking, Confluence Wiki for Documentation, and CVS and Git for Source Control.
- Integrated the JIRA and Confluence SOAP/REST APIs, as well as other 3rd-Party APIs, into the AutoStress Application.
- Upgraded the AutoStress Web Application Server and Storage Infrastructure to account for long-term scalability requirements.
10.2007-02.2009: ViaLogy, LLC, Altadena, CA
Software QA Automation Engineer / Linux Systems Engineer
- Conducted performance and scalability testing of the Sensor Policy Manager (SPM) Application.
- Conducted testing of the Sensor Policy Management Language (SPML) and SPML Compiler.
- Developed bash and perl scripts to generate SPML code and automate SPM performance tests.
- Analyzed the performance of the SPM 3rd-Party software stack (OpenLDAP, JBoss, Tomcat, DB2).
- Analyzed the performance of the SPM TCP/IP sockets using netstat, tcpdump, iptraf, and ethereal.
- Configured Hardware, OS, Server Software, and Networked CBRN Sensor Devices used for SPM systems.
- Created the SPM (ISO) CD-ROM Autorun Installer for Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL).
- Created RHEL (ISO) DVD and PXE/LAN Kickstart Installers for various (automated) hardware and software configurations.
- Automated IASE UNIX STIG/SRR procedures using Bash within RHEL Kickstart Installers for DoD related systems.
- Configured HP DL-Series Servers with RAID and Logical Volume Management (LVM) disk partition configurations.
- Configured VLANs, Transparent Proxies, Routers, and Firewalls using iptables, squid, and other Linux Network Utilities.
- Created technical documents as well as Standard Operating Procedures for Systems QA Testing and Production.
- Used BackupExec for Automated (incremental) tape back-ups, and Acronis True Image for System (snapshot) back-ups.
- Configured Network, Firewall/VPN and LAN/WAN Gateway/Routing Infrastructure.
- Configured RHEL on the AMAX Tesla K20/K20X GPU Clustering platform.
- Configured Nvidia CUDA Drivers and updated kernel libraries for parallel processing.
04.2005-10.2007: CureSearch, Arcadia, CA
Children's Oncology Group (COG)
Programmer Analyst / Linux Systems Engineer
- Analyzed, documented, and maintained the Remote Data Entry System (RDE1) source code and database structure.
- Communicated with Research Coordinators to define Data Entry Form Revisions for RDE1-managed studies.
- Communicated with the Oracle Database Administrator to define and deploy production database modifications.
- Used Object Oriented PHP4 and Perl Programming for development and maintenance of RDE1 Applications.
- Developed transactional functions, procedures, and packages for Oracle 9i/10g using PL/SQL Programming.
- Created CLI tools to automate the QA and Build Release processes across multiple staging and production systems.
- Created detailed technical documentation for the configuration and maintenance of all RDE1 Application Servers.
- Developed an Apache Remote-Authentication and Authorization Module using mod_perl, FreeTDS, and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Configured Linux Desktop Systems using Debian, Fedora, Gentoo, Slackware, and Ubuntu. (KDE, Gnome, WindowMaker)
- Administered Linux-based Application Servers (RHEL4, Apache, Samba, NFS, NIS, NTP, LDAP, SSH, CVS, MySQL, and Oracle).
- Migrated RDE1 application servers from the University of Florida COG Data Center, to the CureSearch COG Data Center in Arcadia, CA.
- Upgraded/Consolidated all RDE1 application servers to a High Availability Cluster of Virtual Machines using VMware ESX Server, EMC Clariion CX300 SAN, HP Proliant DL380 Servers, and Brocade 200E (Fiber Channel) SAN Switches.
07.2002-04.2005: The Design People, INC., Marina del Rey, CA
AgentImage.com, Real Estate Marketing Division
Sr. Web Application Developer (Contract/1099)
- Developed and maintained the AgentPro PHP Web Application Framework.
- Developed and maintained the AgentPro Back-end Content Management System (CMS).
- Developed an MLS/IDX Data Aggregation System API for the AgentPro web application using Object Oriented PHP4 and XML.
- Developed the ActiveMediaTour API for the AgentPro web application using Object Oriented PHP4, XML, and Flash Remoting.
- Provided prompt customization and maintenance tasks for new and existing projects.
- Compiled detailed Documentation and Maintenance Guidelines for the AgentPro web application.
- Managed Multiple Co-Located Linux/Unix Web Servers (Sun Solaris, FreeBSD, Red Hat Linux).
- Managed multiple projects simultaneously, with a focus on detail and quality control.
- Remotely interviewed, trained, and managed a team of developers in the Manila, Philippines (Asia Division) office.
09.2001-03.2002: Oxford & Associates, Encino, CA
Web Developer, Data Migration Engineer (Contract/1099)
- Worked as a contract LAMP Developer/Consultant for various Web Development and Maintenance projects.
- Migrated PHP web applications between Linux/Apache/PostgreSQL and Windows/IIS/MS-SQL platforms.
- Configured, documented, and supported various LAMP web server installations.
12.1999-07.2001: Universal Bytes, INC., South Pasadena, CA
Web Developer/Database Administrator
- Developed the Ubytes.com, Agetec.com, and Tommo.com Web Sites. (Graphic Design, Programming, and Database Architecture).
- Designed Graphical User Interface Templates for various Web Application Development Projects.
- Developed various Web Applications using Microsoft Server Technologies (IIS/ASP/COM+/SQL/VBScript/XML).
- Designed and Developed Relational Databases for Software and Web Applications using Microsoft SQL Server 2000.
1998-1999: Citrus College - Recording Arts (Glendora, CA)
Audio Engineering, Electronic Music
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong technical problem-solving and analytical-thinking skills.
- Strong research, organizational, and resource management skills.
- Ability to transform business requirements into technical requirements.
- Ability to work productively in a team environment, as well as independently.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Understanding of various Agile/SCRUM, Kanban and Waterfall Software Development methodologies and processes.
- Continuous Integration and Deployment (CI/CD) Workflows using Bitbucket and JIRA.
- Custom Model View Controller (MVC) Framework Design and Development in PHP.
- Web Service API Development and Integration using PHP and REST/JSON-RPC.
- Relational/Transactional Database Development with DB2, MySQL, and Oracle.
- Building/Configuring Linux Servers and Workstations for Development and Production.
- Development of automated performance monitoring/testing scripts/applications for (embedded and non-embedded) Linux-based operating systems.
- Writing comprehensive technical documentation for end-users, as well as developers/systems administrators.
Software Skills Matrix
Linux/Unix-based Operating Systems:
CentOS, Debian, Fedora, Kali, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), Slackware, OpenSuSE, Ubuntu
Containerization and Virtualization:
Docker, OpenVPS, VirtualBox, VMWare
Cloud Computing Technologies:
Amazon AWS, Google Cloud, OpenStack
Unix Shell Scripting and Programming:
awk, bash, C, csh, expect/tcl, perl, php, python, sed
Web Development Technologies:
PHP MVC Frameworks and Tools:
CodeIgniter, Composer, Laravel/Lumen, PHAR, PSR*, ReactPHP, Slim, Swoole, Symfony
Linux Server and Networking Technologies:
tcp/ip, udp, icmp, iptables, ip_forward, scp, openldap. openssh, openssl, httpd (apache/nginx), proftd, dns/dnsmasq, dhcpd, samba (smbfs/cifs/pdc), snmp traps, xmpp, nfs, NAT/VLAN subnet isolation, squid proxy tunneling, wireshark/tshark, sslstrip, snort, nessus, nmap, netstat/netstat-nat, natstat, ip route, dnsmasq, dhcpd, named/bind, ircd, bnc, vhost, traceroute, whois, nslookup, imapd, postfix, exim, qmail, sendmail
Database Development and Administration:
DB2, ElasticSearch, MySQL/MariaDB/Percona (clustering and replication) and Reddis
IDEs and Text Editors:
vi/vim, Eclipse, PHPStorm, Sublime, UltraEdit
Version Control and Issue Tracking:
BitBucket, Bugzilla, CVS, Git, JIRA, Mercurial/hg, Subversion/SVN
Click here to download this resume in Microsoft Word Format
Resume last updated: 10/2018